Monday, April 6, 2009

Glutton for Pleasure by Alisha Rai

Aside from buying ebooks from my autobuy authors I try to find new authors through reviews, blurbs and in the case of Samhain Publishing I use their best sellers list. GLUTTON FOR PLEASURE is one of those books. I'd read the blurb on the coming soon page, read the excerpt, but still I hesistated. After reading it I'm not sure why I waited. Now I can't wait for Ms. Rai to write Leena and Rana novels, rest assured when they release I won't be waiting to buy them.

“Glutton for Pleasure” by Alisha Rai
Buy from MBaM!

Read An Excerpt Online

Genre: ,
ISBN: 978-1-60504-470-5

Length: Novel

Price: 5.50

Publication Date: March 17, 2009

Cover art by Anne Cain


They’re craving something sweet. She likes it spicy.


Devi Malik knows how to heat things up. She does it every night as head chef in her family’s Indian restaurant. Her love life, though, is stuck in the subzero freezer. Now, with a chance to fulfill a secret fantasy with her long-time crush and his brother, it’s time to put her desire on the front two burners.


For Marcus Callahan, a love-’em-and-leave-’em attitude isn’t only a necessary evil of their kink. It’s a protective device. Lately, though, his brother Jace has been making noises about craving something more.


Jace’s dissatisfaction with their lifestyle grows with every glimpse of sweet little
Devi. Yet Marcus is too haunted by the pain of their shared past to give love a
chance.

Despite their reputation for vanishing with the dawn, they discover
one night with Devi isn’t nearly enough. And Devi finds herself falling in love
with two very different men.


It’ll take more than explosive sex to light up the shadows surrounding the Callahan brothers’ secrets. But Devi’s never been afraid of the dark…


Warning: This title contains two sizzling men for the price of one, ménage a trois, oral sex, anal sex, fun toys, great food, and creative uses for syrup and dressing rooms.



Devi reminds me alot of a friend I had for years, she was shy and innocent on the outside, but underneath she was a sexy woman waiting for the right man to light her fuse. Like Devi, my friend loved with her whole heart and she is still happily married to the man who IMO swept her off her feet. All we can hope for in "real life" is to find the one person who completes us, who we can share are hopes and fears with, unlike Devi we usually get one person who fills that need.

Jace and Marcus however are IMO two halves of the same whole, their actions indicate it this as well as the secrets that are revealed from their past. Honestly they could have been one person I guess, but yet not. It must be the twin thing.


Anyway, Ms. Rai's debut with Samhain hits one into deep right field (excuse the baseball analogies, I was watching the WORLD CHAMPION PHILLIES earlier). It's not a homerun I'm afraid though,it has heart, erotic menages, hunky heros and one kick a** herione, but their love seemed a tad rushed. However it was well written and will have me buying more from Ms. Rai in the future.


7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment