Thursday, June 18, 2009

TBR Challenge June 2009

Well once again I'm late posting this, kids are finally out of school and I have my laptop back so hopefully I'll be posting more. Now on to the review.



Title: Fighting Lady Jayne


Series: Devinity Warriors Book 2


Author: Michelle M. Pillow


Blurb: The second Divinity Warriors book, set in the Divinity Universe.

Jayne Hart has earned her independence by becoming Divinity Corporation’s inter-dimensional boxing champion. Life is great, until a dirty fighter knocks her unconscious. Now, abandoned by the corporation in a parallel world, Jayne will use every weapon she has to be free once more. Even if it means running from her sexy new “husband” and spending the rest of her life in a primitive forest.

Ronen of Firewall longs for a woman to warm his bed and his home, but he had no intention of choosing a bride. In an unprecedented move, one chooses him. Never in the history of the breeding ceremony has a woman dared to lay claim. How can he resist the alluring Lady Jayne? She’s confident and sure in her decision to be with him—until their wedding night when she’s nowhere to be found. But Ronen is not one to shy from a battle. He will find Jayne and when he does, he has one particular “weapon” in mind for taming his seductive, wayward wife.


What worked for me: I love her ability to blend the stories in her series. She did it with Dragon Lord and Lords of the Var, she does it in the Divinty Warriors as well. Plus she writes heroines I can get behind, no simpering TSTL women for Ms. Pillow. Jayne is tough physically, but underneath she is vulnerable and believable. I really liked her and was anxious for her to find her HEA with Ronen.


Ronen on the other hand has spent his life defending his people, he's a warrior through and through passionate and stoic his sex appeal is smoldering. He's intelligent when it comes to war but when it comes to Jayne he is clearly out of his element she frustrates him at every turn and he can't help but want her. Watching as he falls for Jayne was amusing and the sexual chemistry between them is off the charts. Fast paced and well written I definitely found another keeper from Ms. Pillow.

9 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. I have a ton of Michelle Pillow books that I haven't read. I know, bad Tracy. I wonder if this is in there. I'm such a book slut I don't even know what I have! lol

    ReplyDelete