Monday, June 1, 2009

May 2009 Re-Read Challenge

I'm a day late, which stinks but unfortunately my 11 yr old autistic son wanted to see if movies could fly last night so no post last night.

This months Reread goes out to Nath, she along with the reread challenge exposed me to Robyn Carr and now I am hooked. I love Virgin River and I can't wait to read the next books in the fabulous town.



WANTED: Midwife/nurse practitioner in Virgin River, population six hundred. Make a difference against a backdrop of towering California redwoods and crystal-clear rivers. Rent-free cabin included.

When the recently widowed Melinda Monroe sees this ad she quickly decides that the remote mountain town of Virgin River might be the perfect place to escape her heartache, and to re-energize the nursing career she loves. But her high hopes are dashed within an hour of arriving: the cabin is a dump, the roads are treacherous and the local doctor wants nothing to do with her. Realizing she's made a huge mistake, Mel decides to leave town the following morning.

But a tiny baby, abandoned on a front porch, changes her plans...and a former marine cements them into place.

Melinda Monroe may have come to Virgin River looking for escape, but instead she finds her home.


I love this series, I actually reread the whole set this month. I couldn't get into reading this month, so I found comfort revisiting this small town and rediscovering Mel and Jack. Two people, survivors who rose above all they lost, what more could you ask for in a hero and heroine. Jack the tough ex-Marine who makes sure he watches over the small town just like he watched over his men in battle. He's a true hero, yet he vulnerable and surprisingly tender with Mel. And Mel she's so strong yet she doesn't see it. She walked away from all she knew, took a huge risk and found the love was still in the cards for her.



But VIRGIN RIVER is more than just Jack and Melinda's story, it the basis for a world, a town that I've come to love. From Preacher and Paige to Rick and Lizzie there isn't anyone I'm not happy to see each time I return to the river. Jack and Mel may have started it all and for that they'll always hold a special place in my heart, but it's the town and it's people that having me coming back time and again.



9 out of 10



2 comments:

  1. LOL, thanks ;)

    I'm just glad you enjoyed them :) this series is just sooo great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great book. I really love the first few books in this series. I love her writing in all of the books but those have the extra goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete