Sunday, April 12, 2009

Amazon Rank Shunning Readers Since 2009

Two little words with enormous meaning behind them.

AMAZON RANK


The meaning however in this case far out exceeds the impact of them. I was shocked when I read this morning about Amazon and it's new ranking system. One that is not consistent and is insulting to the publishing industy as a whole.


The every same people Amazon makes money off of are now being stipped from the front pages and from the tops of searches because they are labeled "adult" and not suitable.


I'm not by any means an expert on the law, I'm not an author or a publisher, but I am a consumer so aside from hitting them with this Google Bomb, I'm hitting them in the wallet.


We are in a recession, yet I still faithfully buy books, but after this I can tell you I won't be buying them from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment